LM384 Practice Amp
This is an easy-to-build 5-watt Practice Amp, based on the 16 pin LM384 IC. You supply the speaker (almost any speaker will do). The amp is the same power amp as one of the small Marshall practice amp power amp stages. This project can be used as a modular building block to a full featured practice amp,or is great by itself with any stompbox between the guitar and amp (can sound dull with passive guitar pickups straight into it).
- General Build Instructions
- LM384 Build Instructions
- LM384 Bill of Materials
- LM384 Schematic
- LM384 Layout/Wiring Diagram
- LM384 Datasheet
- Ready-for-Transfer Printed Circuit Board Layout
- Project Revisions History
These are the LM384 5-watt Practice Amp, Inverting amps including headphone amp. In case for some reason you would like to build it “inverting”. Also a simple non0inverting layout diagram is included below.
- LM384 (Inverting) Schematic
- LM384 (Inverting) Layout/Wiring Diagram
- LM384 Headphone amp Schematic
- LM384 simple non-inverting amp layout (Power buck Inverter circuit is omitted here)
Buy a LM384 Practice Amp Complete Kit. Includes all the parts and materials you need to build one, all for about the price you would pay for a PCB and parts.
Would you like a Ready to Solder Circuit Board for this project?