MXR™ Distortion Plus™
The Distortion Plus pedal is very popular and good sounding distortion. It is strikingly similar to the DOD Overdrive 250 distortion pedal. This project uses the same Ready-For-Transfer Printed Circuit Board Layout file that is used in the DOD 250 Overdrive Project on this site.
- General Build Instructions
- Distortion Plus Replica Build Instructions
- Distortion Plus Bill of Materials Text
- Distortion Plus Schematic
- >Distortion Plus Parts Layout and Wiring Diagram (DIST2 PCB)
- Distortion Plus Parts Layout and Wiring Diagram (older DIST PCB)
- Distortion Plus Ready-For-Transfer Printed Circuit Board Layout For use only if you are a complete DIY person who wants to etch and drill your own PCB. Otherwise, we recommend you ignore this PCB mask and buy the Ready-to-Solder Printed Circuit Board or Complete Kit from the links below.
- Project Revisions History
Buy a DIST Complete Kit. Includes all the parts and materials you need to build one, all for about the price you would pay for a PCB and parts.
Would you like a Ready to Solder Circuit Board for this project? Note: If you buy the kit, the Ready-to-Solder Circuit Board (RTS PCB) is included in the kit. You do not need to purchase this RTS PCB if you buy the kit.
The following distortions can be built with the DIST Complete Kit or the Read-to-Solder Printed Circuit Board. The kit includes all parts for any of these versions!
- MXR Distortion Plus
- DOD 250 Overdrive
- ’77 Gray DOD 250 Overdrive
- Ross Distortion