Klon Centaur Overdrive Replica
The original Klon Centaur put out some of the best and most coveted overdrive sounds in the world! We encourage you to leave behind all the hype and forget about everything (good or bad) that you’ve heard about the pedal and treat this kit project as the overdrive that it is. This pedal (built from our kit) is, overall, the best overdrive that we’ve heard. Although we haven’t had a chance to compare our unit with a real vintage Klon Centaur, we believe they would sound very similar. This is not anywhere near the same price-range and hype-range as a real Klon Centaur. So take it for what it is; a really good overdrive kit from General Guitar Gadgets at a reasonable price!
We have internet-researched the Klon Centaur extensively. Based on the information available, we believe that this is as close as it gets to being an accurate circuit replica of the “Silver” Klon Centaur. We also spent some time comparing the control settings of our kit pedal with control settings of actual units seen on youTube videos to see if we were getting the same audio responses. We believe that we do get similar response and sounds. This is a great kit at a great price. Enjoy the Tone!
- General Build Instructions
- Klon Centaur Replica Build Instructions
- Klon Centaur Replica Bill of Materials
- Klon Centaur Replica Schematic
- Klon Centaur Replica Parts Layout & Wiring Diagram
- Klon Centaur Replica Schematic (True-Bypass Modification)
- Klon Centaur Replica Parts Layout (True-Bypass Modification)
- Klon Centaur Replica Ready-For-Transfer Printed Circuit Board Layout For use only if you are a complete DIY person who wants to etch and drill your own PCB. Otherwise, we recommend you ignore this PCB mask and buy the Ready-to-Solder Printed Circuit Board or Complete Kit from the links below.
- Klon Centaur Replica Project Revisions History
Buy a Klon Centaur Replica Complete Kit. Includes all the parts and materials you need to build one, all for about the price you would pay for a PCB and parts.
Would you like a Ready to Solder Circuit Board for this project?